Re: [AUCTeX] PDF Tools - how to start it to the right?

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] PDF Tools - how to start it to the right?
Date: Sat, 05 Dec 2015 10:52:10 +0100

Marcin Borkowski <address@hidden> writes:

Hi Marcin,

> I'm not sure whether this is AUCTeX-related or PDF-tools related, but
> does anyone what do I do to start viewing a PDF in AUCTeX in a window
> split vertically?  Currently, I have to do C-x 3 first, and then C-c
> C-v.

Hm, I think it did so for me, too, which was kind on annoying.  But now
that I have tried to reproduce the issue, the pdf-view buffer is opened
by splitting the window side-by-side if the current tex window is wide
enough.  (I assume that your config favors side-by-side splits in
general, i.e., things like `pop-to-buffer' (e.g., in terms of C-h f)
split that way already.)

> Also, is there a way to set things up so that the windows are not the
> same size, but the PDF one, say, slightly narrower than the source one?

Possibly, but I don't know how to configure that.  Emacs' window
splitting mechanics are quite complicated.

Bye,
Tassilo