Re: [AUCTeX] GNU AUCTeX 11.89.4 released to ELPA

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] GNU AUCTeX 11.89.4 released to ELPA
Date: Tue, 24 May 2016 18:22:09 +0200

François Patte <address@hidden> writes:

Hi François,

> So, according to this:
>
> http://emacs.stackexchange.com/questions/20330/after-upgrading-auctex-latex-mode-is-unusable-invalid-function-tex-auto-add
>
> I reinstall the stuff from elpa and it works

Good!  Ah, I think I remember we've had this problem for some users some
years back which I didn't remember anymore.

> *but* I lost the automatic addition of local variables at the end of a
> new file like:
>
> %%% Local Variables:
> %%% mode: latex
> %%% TeX-master: "journee_monde_indien-beamer"
> %%% End:

It won't local variables if there are no values changed from the
defaults.  So I guess you want it to query you for the master file when
creating a new TeX file.  For that, add (setq-default TeX-master 'dwim)
(or t instead of 'dwim) to your ~/.emacs.

,----[ C-h v TeX-master RET ]

`----

> 2- I don't know hout to enable the beamer mode with this new version:
> adding (require 'beamer) is not working!

If you mean the beamer style with "beamer mode", that should be loaded
automatically in LaTeX documents of \documentclass{beamer}.  You can
check using `C-h v TeX-active-styles'.  The value of that variable
should contain "beamer" in such documents.  If that's not the case, you
can force AUCTeX to check again using `C-u C-c C-n'.

Bye,
Tassilo