autoconf-archive-maintainers

Re: [patch #8186] ax_pthread adds -pthread when it should not on OSX whe

From: Daniel Richard G.
Subject: Re: [patch #8186] ax_pthread adds -pthread when it should not on OSX when compiling with clang
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2013 02:56:56 -0400

On Tue, 2013 Sep 24 13:06+1000, Peter Johansson wrote:

> I noticed that gnulib adds '-Werror -Wunknown-warning-option' to
> CFLAGS when Clang is in use, before trying to detect whether an option
> is OK or not. Perhaps that approach would be useful here too.

Where is that option documented? I can't find anything but secondhand
references to it. While I trust that the gnulib folks know what they
are doing, that option specifically addresses warning flags (-Wxxxx)
and not something like -pthread. But if said option is listed in a
document somewhere, the option that we may want to use should be in
there as well.

--Daniel

--
Daniel Richard G. || address@hidden
My ASCII-art .sig got a bad case of Times New Roman.