The AC_LANG_COMPILER problems

From: Akim Demaille
Subject: The AC_LANG_COMPILER problems
Date: 05 Feb 2001 18:28:46 +0100

Does anybody remembers if there are problems if we decide to check for
exeext first, and then for objext?  My idea is to check first for the
default executable (a.out or a.exe), and use *this* output to check if
the compiler works (i.e., produces valid executables).

This would solve most of our problems, and we would more or less get
rid of _AC_LANG_COMPILER_WORKS which would be integrated to
_AC_COMPILER_EXEEXT.

But since _AC_COMPILER_OBJEXT is run first currently...

So, any problems with running _AC_COMPILER_EXEEXT first?