Re: The AC_LANG_COMPILER problems

From: Lars J. Aas
Subject: Re: The AC_LANG_COMPILER problems
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2001 19:43:09 +0100

On Mon, Feb 05, 2001 at 06:28:46PM +0100, Akim Demaille wrote:
: My idea is to check first for the default executable (a.out or a.exe),
: and use *this* output to check if the compiler works (i.e., produces
: valid executables).

How will this work?  What I mean is, which $CC options will you use to
produce the "default" executable instead of a named executable?  I'm
curious, because I don't know if I can make cl.exe create an executable
without giving it the -o<progname> option...

: So, any problems with running _AC_COMPILER_EXEEXT first?

None that I see, except that you will probably also have object files
in the current directory which you will have to avoid thinking is the
executable, but since the current mechanism is to use knowledge about
what's most common and let those findings supersede any other findings,
it should not be a problem.

  Lars J
--
Innovation is one percent inspiration and ninetynine percent perspiration,
and in my case; twice that...  -- Norville Barnes, `The Hudsucker Proxy'