Re: [patch] remove config.status race condition

From: Lars J. Aas
Subject: Re: [patch] remove config.status race condition
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2001 15:34:37 +0100

On Fri, Feb 16, 2001 at 03:23:23PM -0500, Pavel Roskin wrote:
: On 16 Feb 2001, Alexandre Oliva wrote:
:
: > On Feb 16, 2001, Pavel Roskin <address@hidden> wrote:
: >
: > > I see. But we don't need reentrancy for configure, do we?
: >
: > Nope.  Not even for config.status, AFAIK.  We just need concurrency,
: > not reentrancy.  Unless a new requirement has entered the picture.
:
: Sorry, I meant concurrency.

Configure-test concurrency will be introduced in Autoconf 3.0 :)  Expect
a lot of sub-shelling and here-doc scripts...

  Lars J
--
Innovation is one percent inspiration and ninetynine percent perspiration,
and in my case; twice that...  -- Norville Barnes, `The Hudsucker Proxy'