Re: 2.49e problems with gcc

From: Thomas E. Dickey
Subject: Re: 2.49e problems with gcc
Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 08:41:11 -0400 (EDT)

On 10 May 2001, Akim Demaille wrote:

> Thomas> check/see if it (gcc's configure script) uses changequote().
> Thomas> That feature is broken in the current alpha versions of
> Thomas> autoconf, has been reported a few times (and shows up with
> Thomas> this symptom).
>
> No Thomas, you can't say this, this is unfair.  You referred to this
> several times, but I never saw any actual code that demonstrates the
> problem.  I'm fine with fixing things I can see.

no, I'm being fair (and precise).  I saw 2-3 reports earlier this year
reporting it, and each time you stated that the configure.in's were
relying on some defect in autoconf 2.13

(no point in adding reports, only to be told that my scripts also were
wrong ;-)

--
T.E.Dickey <address@hidden>
http://dickey.his.com