newbi question on AC_CHECK_FILE Warning message (...cross compiling)

From: Andrej Aderhold
Subject: newbi question on AC_CHECK_FILE Warning message (...cross compiling)
Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 13:32:26 +0200

Hello,

I got the following line in my configure.in

AC_CHECK_FILE("/etc/ntp.conf", NTP_CONF="/etc/ntp.conf", AC_MSG_WARN([ ***
/etc/ntp.conf does not exist.]))

when I run autoconf I get the following warning. I get this warning on
each AC_CHECK_FILE macro.

configure.in:79: warning: Cannot check for file existence when cross compiling

I don't have any options set. The configure script also works fine,
but I just want to have this warning disappear. What shall I do ?
thanks

AC_INIT()

AC_CANONICAL_SYSTEM
AC_SUBST(host)

AC_CHECK_FILE("/etc/ntp.conf", NTP_CONF="/etc/ntp.conf", AC_MSG_WARN([ ***
/etc/ntp.conf does not exist.]))
AC_SUBST(NTP_CONF)

AC_OUTPUT(Makefile)

Best regards,