Re: acversion.in now?

From: Derek R. Price
Subject: Re: acversion.in now?
Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 09:23:49 -0400

Russ Allbery wrote:

> Derek R Price <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > By the way, I think I see what you're getting at here, but you really
> > spoil all of the automatic syntax coloration of my text editor since it
> > switches first based first on file extension...  :P
>
> Does it have some simple way of designating the type of the file based on
> a marker in the content, and even better could it be convinced to use the
> same marker that emacs does (-*- m4 -*- and the like)?

Yes, and with work, most likely.  It was switching on file type and then the
#! line before - neither of which are in many of automake's *.in files now.
On the up side, I'm guessing the author will like a patch that acomplishes
that.

Do you know what priority the -*- line has in emacs?  e.g. 1) #!, 2) -*-, 3)
filename extension...

Thanks.

Derek

--
Derek Price                      CVS Solutions Architect ( http://CVSHome.org )
mailto:address@hidden         CollabNet ( http://collab.net )

          - Bart Simpson on chalkboard, _The Simpsons_