Re: autoconf-2.50 issues...

From: Guillaume Cottenceau
Subject: Re: autoconf-2.50 issues...
Date: 31 May 2001 19:58:29 +0200

Akim Demaille <address@hidden> writes:

> Guillaume> May I think that this important problems could be solved by
> Guillaume> using, say, variables such as __VARNAME, which are scary
> Guillaume> enough in for example the glibc for people to guess that
> Guillaume> they should not use these.
>
> That's what we do. AC_RUN_IFELSE is still experimental, and if we like
> it, we document it.  Hence the name.
>
> >> Anything which is not documented is not supported (well, roughly).
>
> Guillaume> Pretty well deserved. Yet, we're still with our problem
> Guillaume> :-(.
>
> Well, please, interact.  Show the bad lines, show where you need it.

That's what I tried to do, when I sent original message with detailed
problems! I didn't cry as a newbie telling you that your crappy new
version doesn't work where last version worked :). (a pretty often heard
sentence around many free projects)

I'll return with all new feedback, but now I think that given the too much
differences between the two autoconf versions, we'll still use the older
version until the situation clears out from the package authors.

--
Guillaume Cottenceau - http://mandrakesoft.com/~gc/