Re: autoconf-2-13-branch is broken ?

From: Pavel Roskin
Subject: Re: autoconf-2-13-branch is broken ?
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 10:57:03 -0400 (EDT)

Hellom Frédéric!

> There's no autoupdate.sh in this branch.

You are right. We lost it somewhere in process :-(

The log for autoupdate.sh begins with

revision 1.1
date: 2001/02/21 08:59:24;  author: akim;  state: Exp;
* autoupdate.in: New.  Replaces autoupdate.sh.

Which probably means that autoupdate.in,v was copied over autoupdate.sh,v
when the former was at the revision 1.11. After that autoupdate.sh was
removed by "cvs rm".

The only consolation is that autoconf-2.13 is in the past and autoupdate
has been rewritten in Perl, so its history is not very interesting. But
still it's not good that we are losing our version history.

I just hope that Subversion (http://subversion.tigris.org/) will be mature
some day.

--
Regards,