Re: Repost: AC_CONFIG_SUBDIRS problem

From: Earnie Boyd
Subject: Re: Repost: AC_CONFIG_SUBDIRS problem
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 08:28:22 -0400

David Snopek wrote:

> I really need some assistance with this problem, so here is a
> re-explanation.  Here is my directory tree:
>
> project/
>    |- configure
>    |- configure.in
>    |- src/
>    |   |
>    |  ...
>    |   |- main.cpp
>    |- libltdl/
>        |- configure.in
>        |- configure
>        |- ltdl.c
>
> This is an over simplification, but you get the idea.  The main
> configure script has a line like "AC_CONFIG_SUBDIRS(libltdl)".  This
> works in most situations, when I am just passing --enable/--disable
> arguments to configure.  But when I pass a build type for example:
>
> ./configure --build=i386-mingw32msvc

Are you using Cygwin or are you cross compiling using Linux?  It appears
to me as if you've used the wrong switch, you want --target not
--build.  I may be wrong, I've never cross compiled.

If you're using Cygwin you need to:

CC='gcc -mno-cygwin'
configure --host=mingw32 --build=mingw32 --target=mingw32

Earnie.