Re: Repost: AC_CONFIG_SUBDIRS problem

From: David Snopek
Subject: Re: Repost: AC_CONFIG_SUBDIRS problem
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 15:21:22 -0500

Akim Demaille wrote:
| And the subdir configure is called with:
| | ./configure --host=i686-mingw32msvc host_alias=i686-mingw32msvc
| --target=i386-mingw32msvc target_alias=i386-mingw32msvc
| --build=i386-linux build_alias=i386-linux
| | | This causes the subdir configure to fail because it interprets the
| "host_alias=...", "targer_alias=...", and "build_alias=..." as host
| types.  Like I said in my last two letters, I believe this is a bug,
| but I don't know...

I don't think it is a bug in the sense that it was meant to help the
transition from 2.13 to 2.50, because it the meanwhile the definitions
of build, host, and target have been clarified.

I have found the solution to the problem!! It actually has more to do with libtool than it does with autoconf, but it will only affect users who upgrade to autoconf 2.5x. The subdir configure I had was a part of the libtool helper-library libltdl. I installed it as part of my package using "libtoolize --ltdl". I didn't realize until just now, that libltdl's configure script was generated using autoconf 2.13. I re-generated the libltdl configure with autoconf 2.52 and now everything works. Thanks for the help! If anyone else has this same problem in the future, you'll know what to tell them!
        -- David Snopek

/-- libksd --