Re: trying to get AC_PATH_PROG into config.h... - follow up question

From: Mario Schubert
Subject: Re: trying to get AC_PATH_PROG into config.h... - follow up question
Date: Fri, 3 May 2002 12:01:58 +0200

Hello Akim,

thank you very much for your help. 8-)

>    A corollary is that you should not use these variables except in
> Makefiles.  For instance, instead of trying to evaluate `datadir' in
> `configure' and hardcoding it in Makefiles using e.g.
> `AC_DEFINE_UNQUOTED(DATADIR, "$datadir")', you should add
> `-DDATADIR="$(datadir)"' to your `CPPFLAGS'.

I used this variant. But I had to enclose it in a pair of single plus double
quotes, to get rid of compilation errors using this define.

CPPFLAGS += -DDATADIR='"$(datadir)"'

Ciao,
    Mario Schubert
Beschleunigerlabor der LMU und TU München
Dipl. Phys. Mario Schubert
EMail: address@hidden
Phone: (+49 89)289 14283
FAX:   (+49 89)289 14280
Am Coulombwall 6, D-85748 Garching, Germany