PACKAGE_FOO variables

From: Stefan Seefeld
Subject: PACKAGE_FOO variables
Date: Tue, 04 Jun 2002 20:40:38 -0500

hi there,
I'v got another question / bug report:

I'm using the AC_INIT() macro with three
arguments, which (even though it is not documented,
as I wrote in an earlier post) generates a set of
variables PACKAGE_SOMETHING that get automatically
inserted into my config header.
That's a big problem, as the config header is meant
to be used (indirectly) by other packages that include
the current package's headers. Why are these PACKAGE
variables put into the header anyways ?
How can I disable them ?
Well, a quick hack is certainly to #undef them
in the AH_BOTTOM macro, but that's really ugly...

Regards,
                Stefan