RE: cache directory is not removed

From: Ralf Corsepius
Subject: RE: cache directory is not removed
Date: 07 Jun 2002 18:12:00 +0200

Am Fre, 2002-06-07 um 17.23 schrieb Sam Liddicott:

> [...]
If using automake, "make dist" does not put autom4te.caches into the
tarball.

> Sadly *I* don't know how to do this, but it is the real answer,
If using automake, you don't have to do anything special.

> you are
> going to get lots of files created which aren't part of the distribution as
> time goes by
I you want to get rid of autom4te.cache, eg. because "make dist" doesn't
work for your package and because you are cutting tarballs with "tar czf
package.tar.gz packagedir, just add something similar to this to your
all toplevel Makefile.ams and run "make distclean" before the tar.

distclean-local:
        rm -f autom4te.cache