Re: Libtool 1.4.3

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: Re: Libtool 1.4.3
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2002 09:41:19 +0200

> Wouldn't it be better to get libtool 1.5 out the door?  The resources
> required to achieve a releasable product are similar and CVS libtool
> already contains most of the fixes that would go into a 1.4.3.

But it also contains more features.  Releasing 1.5 should be done by
the maintainers, not by a "community" process; instead I think that
such a process is perfectly valid to review patches and ChangeLogs and
put them together.

Yes, libtool would-be-1.5 has been used by gcc at least since 3.0, so it
should be pretty good, but I think that it is easier (in terms of
brainwork, not of needed resources) to do a "definitive" 1.4.x release.

Paolo