Re: Libtool 1.4.3

From: Sascha Schumann
Subject: Re: Libtool 1.4.3
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2002 19:49:57 +0200 (CEST)

> You want autoconf -f then.

    -f, --force              consider all files obsolete

    We do a ./cvsclean right now for autoconf +2.50 which purges
    all generated data.  I guess that is basically the same.

> You know, you are typically the kind of people who has valid grieves
> against Autoconf, but using things that were never documented.

    You have lost me.  Why should autoconf document any valid m4
    command?

> esyscmd is definitely excluded from our framework.

    Then you need to document that.  Neither 2.13's nor 2.54's
    autoconf.info says anything to that effect.

> But you kept developping your Autoconf instead of coming and
> deciding for a solution.

    I cannot parse that sentence.

> How do I know?  Did you send a bug report?  Do you have a test case?

    I'm sorry, it was noticed by so many people, I supposed it
    would make its way to you.

> And BTW, do PHP's extensions finally produce valid HTML code?

    PHP's output, where applicable, conforms to XHTML-1.0-STRICT
    as defined by the W3C.

    - Sascha