config.status --recheck != configure

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: config.status --recheck != configure
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2002 17:07:16 -0500 (CDT)

I have learned the hard way that 'config.status --recheck' produces
incomplete results as compared to the original 'configure' that
created config.status.  I assume that this is because config.status
runs configure with the extra options '--no-create --no-recursion'.

Is this shortcoming by design or accident?

It is much more convenient to simply execute 'config.status --recheck'
rather than 'config.status --version' and then pasting in what it
prints.

Bob
Bob Friesenhahn
address@hidden