Re: Default for libexecdir

From: Bill Moseley
Subject: Re: Default for libexecdir
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 15:21:23 -0800 (PST)

On Thu, 3 Apr 2003, John Burger wrote:

Hi John,

> I believe you want to do this:
>
>    libexecdir='${prefix}/lib'
>
> which will carry over unexpanded to your Makefiles, where prefix is
> given a proper value.

That would break the configure --libexecdir option, though.

I think that people should still be able to do:

  ./configure --libexecdir=/some/odd/place

and have my helper scripts installed in /some/odd/place.

To avoid breaking things I may just have to live with the value of
libexecdir (e.g. $prefix/libexec) and pollute that directory instead of
installing into a subdirectory named after my package.  Then at least
package maintainers like Debian can use --libexecdir to set a more
sensible place.

--
Bill Moseley address@hidden