Re: How do I fix 'missing template' problem ??

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: How do I fix 'missing template' problem ??
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2003 12:35:31 -0400

On Sun, Apr 13, 2003 at 05:21:52PM +0100, Dr. David Kirkby wrote:

> > [...]
> >
> >  David> sparrow /export/home/davek/atlc % autoreconf
> >  David> autoheader: missing template: ENABLE_POSIX_THREADS
> >  David> Use AC_DEFINE([ENABLE_POSIX_THREADS], [], [Description])
> >
> > The error message tells you what to do.  If you don't understand
> > this, please grep the autoconf manual for `missing template'.

if he can't do better than that, he's just being rude.

> I think there are some difference between the manual here, since I
> can't find it in my manual anywhere. My manual consists of 208 html
> files, with one file per none. Clearly the manual is for version 2.57,
> as a grep on that finds several references.

File: autoconf.info,  Node: Autoheader Macros,  Prev: autoheader Invocation,  U>

Autoheader Macros
-----------------

   `autoheader' scans `configure.ac' and figures out which C
preprocessor symbols it might define.  It knows how to generate
templates for symbols defined by `AC_CHECK_HEADERS', `AC_CHECK_FUNCS'
etc., but if you `AC_DEFINE' any additional symbol, you must define a
template for it.  If there are missing templates, `autoheader' fails
with an error message.

   The simplest way to create a template for a SYMBOL is to supply the
DESCRIPTION argument to an `AC_DEFINE(SYMBOL)'; see *Note Defining
Symbols::.  You may also use one of the following macros.

--
Thomas E. Dickey <address@hidden>
http://invisible-island.net