Re: How do I fix 'missing template' problem ??

From: Dr. David Kirkby
Subject: Re: How do I fix 'missing template' problem ??
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2003 17:35:14 +0100

Thomas Dickey wrote:

> File: autoconf.info,  Node: Autoheader Macros,  Prev: autoheader Invocation,

I'd downloaded the html formatted files. It would appear there are
some differences between the original info files and the html
generated.

> Autoheader Macros
> -----------------
>
>    `autoheader' scans `configure.ac' and figures out which C
> preprocessor symbols it might define.  It knows how to generate
> templates for symbols defined by `AC_CHECK_HEADERS', `AC_CHECK_FUNCS'
> etc., but if you `AC_DEFINE' any additional symbol, you must define a
> template for it.  If there are missing templates, `autoheader' fails
> with an error message.
>
>    The simplest way to create a template for a SYMBOL is to supply the
> DESCRIPTION argument to an `AC_DEFINE(SYMBOL)'; see *Note Defining
> Symbols::.  You may also use one of the following macros.

Thanks, I had not found that information in my HTML formatted
documentation, but the previous poster's email had just about got me
on the right track.

--
Dr. David Kirkby,
Senior Research Fellow,