AC_PROG_CC_O

From: Derek Robert Price
Subject: AC_PROG_CC_O
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 09:10:20 -0400

Could someone tell me why this macro checks both $CC & cc for acceptance of -o and -c?

The docs don't really specify and all I can see the macro itself doing is #defining NO_MINUS_C_MINUS_O. I ask because a user configuring CVS on Solaris is complaining that he is set up with CC=gcc and the configure test is blocking because his Solaris license server is down and the `cc' execution blocks.

Thanks,

Derek

--
               *8^)

Email: address@hidden

Get CVS support at <http://ximbiot.com>!
--
Duct tape is like the Force.  It has a light side, a dark side, and it
holds the Universe together.