Re: Get rid of `-g' in CXXFLAGS

From: Braden McDaniel
Subject: Re: Get rid of `-g' in CXXFLAGS
Date: 01 Aug 2003 20:15:17 -0400

On Fri, 2003-08-01 at 15:38, Frank A. Uepping wrote:
> Unfortuantely AC_PROG_CXX includes the `-g' option in CXXFLAGS,
> with what I am not happy with.

Why not? It's there under the auspice that there's no good reason for it
not to be there.

> How can I get rid of the `-g' flag in a way that doesn't *clobber* a user
> supplied CXXFLAGS?

You can't.

> (However, I assume resetting CXXFLAGS entirely is not wise, isn't it?)

That would blow away whatever the user had set CXXFLAGS to be.

--
Braden McDaniel                           e-mail: <address@hidden>
<http://endoframe.com>                    Jabber: <address@hidden>