m4 quotation wrt AS_HELP_STRING

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: m4 quotation wrt AS_HELP_STRING
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 14:58:04 +0200

If I want to output brackets within an AS_HELP_STRING argument,
there currently need to be quite a number of brackets :)
Now my question is, is this subject to change, do I use them in the
wrong way (in which case I would suggest to improve documentation)
or can I hope all future versions of autoconf will handle the
following correctly:

AC_INIT
AC_ARG_ENABLE([foo],
              AS_HELP_STRING([[--enable-foo[[[[=in brackets]]]]]],
                             [description]),
              [:],[:])
AC_MSG_NOTICE([[foo [in bracket]]])
AC_OUTPUT

Same with AC_HELP_STRING and autoconf-2.57.

Regards,