Re: How many packages use autotools?

From: Dalibor Topic
Subject: Re: How many packages use autotools?
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 11:58:40 +0200

Joseph D. Wagner wrote:
I use Autotools only on *NIX, I would expect that the view is different
when you look through the Windows.

Nobody uses autoconf on Windows.  On Windows, people use Microsoft Installer or
InstallShield.  Autoconf is exclusively for UNIX variants (Linux, *BSD,
Solaris, SCO UNIX, AIX, etc.)

I do. I use automake + autoconf + libtool + autoqt + cccl to build applications with MSVC++ and commercial Qt toolkit. Much easier to deal with than VC++ project files in CVS. I'm still looking at picking some scriptable installer, that I could use straight from my Makefile.am.

cheers,
dalibor topic