Re: AC_PROG_LIBTOOL error

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: AC_PROG_LIBTOOL error
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 12:48:28 -0700

Warren Young <address@hidden> writes:

> Someone is trying to build a project I maintain on Solaris 2.8 with
> current versions of the autotools.

What versions, exactly?  Here's what I'm using:

Solaris 8 (sparc) with all recommended patches.
m4 1.4.1
autoconf 2.59
automake 1.9.1

You should install these packages in the above order.

>       http://tangentsoft.net/mysql++/releases/mysql++-1.7.11.tar.gz

I unpacked that distribution and ran 'autoconf', and it didn't report
any error.

> configure.in:17: /usr/local/bin/m4: ERROR: Reading inserted file: No
> such file or directory

Looks like a botched autoconf installation to me.  Your correspondent
might try running "truss -f" and seeing what file is missing.