Re: AC_PROG_LIBTOOL error

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: AC_PROG_LIBTOOL error
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 09:34:28 +0200

Hi,

4 days, 12 hours, 31 minutes, 6 seconds ago,
Warren Young wrote:
> Someone is trying to build a project I maintain on Solaris 2.8 with
> current versions of the autotools.  When he runs autoconf, it says:
>
> configure.in:17: /usr/local/bin/m4: ERROR: Reading inserted file: No
> such file or directory

This seems to be a bug in GNU M4 1.4.1 (see [1, 2, 3] for details).  I
had the same problem on Tru64 and switching back to version 1.4 fixed
the problem.

Ludovic.

[1] http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-m4/2004-07/msg00029.html
[2] http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-gnu-utils/2004-08/msg00003.html