Re: LD_LIBRARY_PATH does not supersede /usr/lib for AC_CHECK_LIB ?

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: Re: LD_LIBRARY_PATH does not supersede /usr/lib for AC_CHECK_LIB ?
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 09:55:16 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 19 Aug 2004, Stephan A Suerken wrote:

The check works fine when I remove the old library from /usr/lib.

Afaik, LD_LIBRARY_PATHs, if set, should have precedence over standard
paths. So, is this a bug in the AC_CHECK_LIB macro, or do I have to
configure something differently?

You should use the LDFLAGS variable with -L options to tell configure where to search for libraries. Autoconf should not be using LD_LIBRARY_PATH at all.

Consult the Autoconf documentation. :-)

Bob
Bob Friesenhahn
address@hidden