Re: LD_LIBRARY_PATH does not supersede /usr/lib for AC_CHECK_LIB ?

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: Re: LD_LIBRARY_PATH does not supersede /usr/lib for AC_CHECK_LIB ?
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 10:16:31 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 19 Aug 2004, Stephan A Suerken wrote:

Bob Friesenhahn <address@hidden> writes:

You should use the LDFLAGS variable with -L options to tell configure
where to search for libraries.  Autoconf should not be using
LD_LIBRARY_PATH at all.

Supposing you mean the Makefile.am variable, then this is not an
option. We use LD_LIBRARY_PATH as a "development tool" to be able use
support libraries directly from checked out cvs working
directories. Using a static path in the Makefile.am's just does not
work here.

No, I am not talking about Automake's LDFLAGS variable although the LDFLAGS used by Autoconf is likely to end up there.

Consult the Autoconf documentation. :-)

Not again! ;)

Basically you would use syntax like:

 ./configure LDFLAGS='-L/foo -L/bar'