Please help.

From: Dale Walsh
Subject: Please help.
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 04:37:11 -0400

I don't know who to contact and I have a small project I'd like to make a configure script.

I have a c source that I'd like to make a PHP .so file.

I'd like two things to happen.

1)
        I need to build the file using the apx command

here are the commands under OSX. (Darwin/FreeBSD) and FreeBSD for apache 1.3.x (it's a little different under apache 2.x).

apxs -c -lmysqlclient -lm -lz -I/{include_path}/mysql -L/{/lib_path}/mysql mod_pdf_mysql.c

        apxs -i mod_pdf_mysql.so

        the default include_path for Darwin and FreeBSD is
        /usr/include

        the default lib_path for Darwin and FreeBSD is
        /usr/lib

        the default libexec_path for Darwin and FreeBSD is
        /usr/libexec

I'd like to utilize other platform defaults and also use the --libdir=DIR, --libexecdir=DIR and --includedir=DIR directives for specifying these paths.

2)
        I need the to add the following lines to the httpd.conf file

        LoadModule pdf_mysql_module {libexec_path}/httpd/mod_pdf_mysql.so

        AddModule mod_pdf_mysql.c

actual sample of LoadModule

LoadModule pdf_mysql_module exec/httpd/mod_pdf_mysql.so

I don't know anyone knowledgeable to ask so I figured who better than the person who wrote this utility.

I basically need the configure script figure out what platform is used, what the default include and lib paths are for the platform and finally to add the lines to the httpd.conf file if they don't already exist.

I guess what I need is a configure.in file and then issue a 'autoconf -v -o configure' but I have no clue how to make the .in file or what goes in it.

I looked in the PHP configure.in file but it was extremely confusing.

Once I have a working example file, I'll be able to figure out how to do it for other projects I may work on in the future.

I realize you may be extremely busy and the thought of helping someone who knows less than dirt isn't very appealing but if you could see your way clear to assist me with this problem I would be most appreciative.

-- Dale