Re: Why doesn't this quote properly?

From: Bruce Korb
Subject: Re: Why doesn't this quote properly?
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2004 08:55:43 -0800

Hi Noah,

Thank you for the quoting hint.  Now, I have a follow-up question:
How is anybody supposed to know whether/when double quoting is
necessary?  It is because of the quoting ambiguity (ambiguity to
the way I think, anyway;) that I created these two web pages:

  http://Autogen.SourceForge.Net/acquoting.html
  http://Autogen.SourceForge.Net/conftest.html

In fact, you can recreate the the function in my email by
filling in the form on the second page with straight-up
information and a CGI engine deals with quoting and protecting
square brackets.  :-)  I just missed the part about where I
needed *two* layers of quotes for the second cache value arg.
So, if I can figure out how to determine when two are needed
and when one is enough, I can add that to those pages.  :)

Thanks again - Bruce