Re: aclocal: /usr/bin/m4: `m4_symbols' from frozen file not foundin buil

From: Bruce Korb
Subject: Re: aclocal: /usr/bin/m4: `m4_symbols' from frozen file not foundin builtin table!
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 07:37:03 -0700

B.W.H. van Beest wrote:
High,

Did you ever found the solution to the problem described in the Subject field?

I am having the same problem, have googled to find find the solution, but found none that I understood.

Hi Bertwim,

You shoud find a dozen or so hits if you add a space in the string
"foundin".  Nevertheless, that is a completely horrible error message
that sorely needs to be addressed.  The answer is that you need to
re-install or re-build your autoconf distribution.

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/autoconf/2003-06/msg00088.html

Suggested patch provided:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/autoconf/2005-01/msg00111.html

Regards, Bruce