Re: autoconf and nfs

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: autoconf and nfs
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 13:31:48 -0700

"Mathias Rettich" <address@hidden> writes:

> configure: failed program was:
> | /* confdefs.h.  */
> | olT - Provide generalized library-building support services.
> | # Generated automatically by  (GNU test 0.1)
> | # NOTE: Changes made to this file will be lost: look at ltmain.sh.
> configure:21981: result: no
> configure:21994: error: Your Installation isn't able to compile simple C++
> programs.

The failed program is indeed not a valid C++ program (that 2nd line is
bogus), so this suggests the problem is not in your C++ compiler.
However, the error message is not one that Autoconf itself generates;
it's a Libtool thing.

I suspect that you have some sort of disk problem, or a corrupted
file, or a flaky installation of libtool, or something like that.