Re: Tricking AC_DEFINE to hide template?

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: Re: Tricking AC_DEFINE to hide template?
Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 09:26:17 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 12 May 2005, Lars J. Aas wrote:

 Hi guys,

Is there any way to make config.status know about some define and
its value, but not put the template into config.h through AC_DEFINE?

I'd like to separate system-detection-defines and user-feature-toggle-
defines into two separate headers.  I'd set up the user-feature-toggle-
defines header file manually, but config.status should know about the
whole set of defines and know how to "edit" it, and not keep duplicates
in the real config.h header if you know what I mean...

One way to do it is to specify multiple configuration headers to AC_CONFIG_HEADERS. Only the first one listed is managed by autoheader. Additional ones can be based on hand-maintained substitution headers. The first configuration header can simply be ignored by the software and be informative only.

AC_CONFIG_HEADERS([discard_config.h system_config.h user_config.h])

Bob
Bob Friesenhahn