Re: configure --help output 'standard'

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: configure --help output 'standard'
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 22:11:12 -0700

Claudio Fontana <address@hidden> writes:

> Surely you mean 'configure --help' above?

Yes, sorry.

> I'd like to know when current option categories ("Optional
> packages:", "Optional Features:", "Some influential environment
> variables", "X features:", ..) have first been introduced.

Sorry, I still don't understand why you care.  Either they're there,
or they're not.  Either way you can find out by running "configure
--help".

However, if you want to find out the answer for yourself, one way is
to install all versions of Autoconf, use each one of them to build
"configure", and then see what "configure --help" outputs.  That
should settle the matter.

Another way (if you have more expertise in Autoconf) is to read the
CVS logs for Autoconf.  There's no secret repository of Autoconf
information -- what you see on savannah is all there is.