a clean configure?

From: Allen Irwin
Subject: a clean configure?
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 13:19:31 -0400

Hello,

I am having strange problems trying to run a autoconf configure script
when building gtk related libraries.  While trying to debug these
problems I've noticed that I can run ./configure multiple times without
changing anything and get different errors each time (and sometimes even
a resultant Makefile that doesn't work).

I'm assuming there is some kind of intermediate files created that are
screwing things up.  Is there anyway to do the equivalent of a Clean
with ./configure?  Something like ./configure --clean?

Right now I'm having to delete the whole directory structure and untar
my libs each time.

Thanks!