Re: Conditional compiling?

From: Keith MARSHALL
Subject: Re: Conditional compiling?
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 09:27:42 +0000

Ralf Corsepius wrote, quoting Daniel Pekelharing:
>> Or is there someway I can tell autoconf to just ignore them?
> No, because autoconf isn't involved into compilation, that would
> be your makefiles, i.e. you will have to find a way inside of your
> makefiles if using pure autoconf.

I do this, without using automake, by using Makefile.in constructs
such as:

   all: regular-stuff @conditional-stuff@
        :

   regular-stuff:
        :

   conditional-stuff:
        :

then use an autoconf substitution for address@hidden@', such
that it is blank, when `conditional-stuff' is not required, and
names the `conditional-stuff' target when it is.  Obviously, this
can be extended to multiple conditionals, ad-infinitum.

HTH.
Keith.