Re: Autoconf fix Darwin/MacOS X Fortran

From: Peter O'Gorman
Subject: Re: Autoconf fix Darwin/MacOS X Fortran
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2006 23:16:19 +0900

On Aug 25, 2006, at 3:54 PM, Ralf Wildenhues wrote:

Hi Ralf,

Well, on some systems (also Darwin in some cases), Libtool uses
-nostdlib in shared library creation.  Wouldn't omitting gcc_s in this
case cause missing symbols, at least if the output file is a module
(say, it uses Fortran) and libgcc_s was not previously loaded by the
main application (that, say, only uses C)?

The only place I can find -nostdlib for darwin in libtool is when creating a reloadable object on old tools that do not grok the - single_module flag. Since it is creating a reloadable object only in an attempt to ensure that c++ static constructors get called, and the following line creates a shared library without the -nostdlib, I don't believe that there is a case in libtool where darwin uses - nostdlib. If there is such a case that I missed please let me know and I will fix it :-).

Peter