Re: systems requiring exit?

From: Howard Chu
Subject: Re: systems requiring exit?
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 14:34:59 -0800

Howard Chu wrote:
Ilya N. Golubev wrote:
As I understand it,
these are pre-1989 systems (or is it pre-1979?)

Looks like there is quite many systems called that.  Some of them are
actually modern ones on top of native ibm system.

To Howard Chu: was system exhibiting that broken `return' a native ibm
one originating that long ago?  Or more recent one on top of it?
The z/OS system I'm talking about is quite recent. I last worked on it in 2003; at the time it was quite new. I don't think IBM would be happy about it being referred to as retrocomputing.

As I recall, they implemented a fairly old draft of POSIX threads (and not the same draft version as DCE or AIX) and with a compiler named "c89" it's a given that they're not up to C99 specs. But still reasonably modern.

 -- Howard Chu