error when using autoconf 2.60 or 2.61 with MSYS/MinGW

From: Vincent Torri
Subject: error when using autoconf 2.60 or 2.61 with MSYS/MinGW
Date: Tue, 8 May 2007 09:12:45 +0200 (CEST)

Hello,

I have installed autoconf 2.60 on windows with MSYS/MinGW in /usr. But it returns that error when I use it:

/bin/autoconf: /home/vincent/libdvi/D:/msys/1.0/bin/autom4te: No such file or directory /bin/autoconf: exec: /home/vincent/libdvi/D:/msys/1.0/bin/autom4te: cannot execute: No such file or directory

that is, autoconf prepends the current location where i'm using it to the directory of autom4te.

I also can't install automake because of the same problem.

same problem with the 2.61 version.

Does someone see how to  fix that problem ?

Another question about the path : the configure script deplace /usr by the real windows path. Why ? The problem is that, when running automake, I get an error, because of the following command in automake:

BEGIN
{
my $perllibdir = $ENV{'perllibdir'} || 'D:/msys/1.0/share/automake-1.10';
  unshift @INC, (split ':', $perllibdir);

so it removes the ':'

thank you

Vincent Torri