Re: autoconf 2.56

From: Steven Zimmer
Subject: Re: autoconf 2.56
Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2008 14:08:07 -0600

Sorry about that last message where I didn't include the mailing list.
That was a mistake.

The script I am refering to is the gnome-autogen.sh script.

The problem with it is that the gnome-autogen.sh script searches for
the autotools using the autoconf --version or automake --version or
autolocal --version. The problem is that the autotools come packaged
for MSYS have version numbers attached like autolocal-1.10 and
autoconf-2.61. The gnome-autogen.sh scripts

I'm going to use your suggestion about running the autotools in a
different environment as suggested. I'm going to use Cygwin to
autotool it and attempt to compile it in MSYS. Thanks for the
suggestion i dont know why this didn't occur to me.

--
Thanks,
   Steve Zimmer