autotest testsuite hangs, help!

From: johnwohlbier
Subject: autotest testsuite hangs, help!
Date: Mon, 11 May 2009 15:59:25 +0000

I have a testsuite hanging and for the life of me I can't figure out what is going on. For some sub-libraries within my project autotest works fine. For other sub-libraries it hangs. The libraries share common local.at and atconfig files, etc. In fact the Makefile.am's for the different sub-libraries are made by the same bootstrap script, which also copies the same local.at into the different locations. So it almost feels like the *source code* for the different sub-libraries is the culprit, even though that sounds crazy.

The hang looks like this:

address@hidden test]$ make check
make check-local
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/wohlbier/pika_relay/branches/build-branch/build/lib/pika_utilities/test' /usr/bin/autom4te --language=autotest -I '/home/wohlbier/pika_relay/branches/build-branch/src/pika_utilities/test' -o testsuite.tmp testsuite.at
mv testsuite.tmp testsuite
/bin/sh 'testsuite'
## pika_utilities test suite: pika_utilities. ##

Running ./testsuite -v gives the same thing. I've shrunk the testsuite.at to call only one test, and again the test is a macro that works within other sublibraries!

At this point I think I'm looking for recommendations on how to debug this. I can provide any information that is needed. Thanks.

jgw