Re: ./configure.lineno: fork: Cannot allocate memory

From: Pierre
Subject: Re: ./configure.lineno: fork: Cannot allocate memory
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2009 09:40:50 +0200

Hello Ralf,

You are right, it seems that expr is broken. Here is the result of the
command you advised :
root:/# expr 426 + 1
Illegal instruction

I don't know why I didn't have the problem sooner though, as in LFS,
once a package is built it is used in the following steps... So I
suppose I should have had the problem with expr after building
coreutils in chapter 6.

Anyway, no problem, I understood your instructions ;-) And yes, I
carefully built every LFS package with the recommended patches...

Will have to rebuild coreutils then and see if it works...

Again, thanks for your help !

Pierre