Re[4]: Server Adjustments

From: Konstantin Andreev
Subject: Re[4]: Server Adjustments
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 15:05:39 +0300

Hello, Glus.

First of all, autoconf works at build time, not install time. A particular
system, on which you install the software, may have habits different from build
system.

Second, autoconf relies on development tools, which may be not available at
install time.

And last, but not least, autoconf is explicitly designed to detect only
features, the build depends upon. Briefly speaking, autoconf is not a right
tool to detect system administrative environment.

Typically, application packager makes separate packages for every particular
system he supports.

Best regards,
--
Konstantin Andreev, software engineer.