Re: Server Adjustments

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: Server Adjustments
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 07:58:06 -0500

   I understand.,, but what happens about /etc/init.d shell scripts (I
   mean the ones which start, stop & restart servers) ?  Would be
   possible to get more info about the way of manage them ?

That is very operating system dependant, gNewSense does it one way,
Fedora another, Ubuntu yet another way.  In general, it is a bad idea
to install anything in $(sysconfdir), since files might have been
modified by the system admin.

It is always safest, and best, to leave configuration files to be
installed manually.