AC_CONFIG_SUBDIRS Question

From: Paul Dugas
Subject: AC_CONFIG_SUBDIRS Question
Date: Mon, 10 May 2010 22:49:28 -0400

I have a project that's using AC_CONFIG_SUBDIRS to configure a separately
maintained library.  The library is a C++ wrapper for another C library.
Linking against the C++ wrapper library requires also linking against the C
library.  i.e. "prog" has "libfooxx" in a subdir and linking with -lfooxx
requires -lfoo.  The autoconf script for libfooxx adds -lfoo to LIBS so the
test and example programs in the source package can link properly.

Is there a way for the additions to LIBS and CXXFLAGS made in the subpackage
to be propagated up to the parent?

Another route...  I'm using AX_CREATE_PKGCONFIG_INFO to create libfooxx.pc
(and libfooxx-uninstalled) as part of the subpackage.  Should I just use
that from the parent?  Suggestions how?

TIA,

Paul