Re: powerpc-ibm-os400?

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: powerpc-ibm-os400?
Date: Sun, 4 Jul 2010 18:51:10 +0200

Hi Bob,

* Bob Friesenhahn wrote on Sun, Jul 04, 2010 at 05:00:34PM CEST:
> I have a potential user of my software who is using IBM as400
> PowerPC hardware.  The user says that the system is running a
> version of AIX and is capable of running AIX packaged software.
> Autoconf says that the system is powerpc-ibm-os400 with no mention
> of AIX.

This is probably lack of support for this system in config.guess and
config.sub.  Please send mail to the address listed in those scripts,
to get support for this system in there.  Your user may have to provide
additional information.

After that is done, we can see what else needs adjusting for this
target, experience says at least Libtool will ... ;-)