Overriding LN_S

From: Peter Rosin
Subject: Overriding LN_S
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 2010 21:18:29 +0200

Hi!

For various reasons I want to override the decision autoconf
makes regarding LN_S. It it set to "ln -s" on my system which
is perfectly fine in every normal case. But in my abnormal case
I want it to be "cp -p". What can I do? I also want this to
propagate to recursive autoconf invocations, so it is not
sufficient to manually edit the generated configure script.

(background: I want to have Libtool on Cygwin drive MSVC, and
Cygwin creates soft links that MSVC does not understand. The
Libtool testsuite invokes autoconf followed by configure several
times when it runs).

Cheers,
Peter