Re: produce *mod with fortran

From: Eve-Marie Devaliere
Subject: Re: produce *mod with fortran
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2011 09:48:21 -0500

Good morning,
Thanks all for your posts....
I haven't written the package and I am just trying to use autoconf to
make the install easier...Just to say that I am trying to make sense of
the package too... :) They are using modules so for each f90 file I need
a .o and .mod.... the -c -02... flags are the one they were using in
their initial setup....
If I get rid of the -c, yes your are right configure runs fine but then
make crashes on the first program because it is not finding a main... I
think they mentioned they just want to link the programs.... but it
still sounds to me like we need a main too (oh yes I am a fortran newbie
 I think what the problem is is that:
1. configure doesn't want -c because it wants to test if it can make an
executable
2. the package needs the -c to be setup properly but once the -c is not
given in configure, we cannot use it there....

DO I understand that correctly? Is there a way to go around that?

Thanks again so much for your support! You are the men! :)
Cheers,
Eve-Marie